Sweet, sweet muffins: I love you.
You light my world with your subtle banana flavors and your soft muffin top.
Oh, and your glaze. Your dazzling glaze. You complete me, healthy banana muffin with dark chocolate glaze <3
Till death do us part ;)
Healthy Banana Muffins with a Dark Chocolate Glaze
A muffin that can pass for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 T melted coconut oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 5 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 t pure maple syrup
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 t water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix egg and sugar together. Add oil, banana, applesauce and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Pour dry ingredients into wet, always stirring.
- Using a 1/4 cup, distribute batter among 9 muffin tins.
- Fill the 3 empty spaces with water (to make sure the muffins bake evenly).
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then turn oven to 350° and let the muffins bake for another 12.
- While you let the muffins cool, make the glaze by combining the last 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds, and stir to combine.
- Drizzle over muffins evenly.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Verse of the day: Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Labels: All JPB's Posts